Thursday, November 13, 2008

Marilyn Manson: the painter




Just a parenthesis in the new media field to talk about watercolor. I received a press release about an exhibition of Marilyn Manson. I have to confess that my first reaction was to think: o Gosh, one more artist trying to to something else based on his previous fame.

But I was surprised by the paintings.. they are not original or super amazing but they are good. at least in my opinion. Some of them looks like a self portrait... Evil... He keeps with the grotesque in mind and create images that fits with his personality. For those who got curious about check this link and go to the gallery. Maybe he passes trough there...

Marilyn Manson: Trismegistus
December 5, 2008 - February 20, 2009

Vernissage: December 5, 7-9 pm

101 NE 40th Street, Miami

maureen@redartprojects.com
http://www.galerieschenk.de

No comments: